Restoring Smoke, Water and Mold damaged property
is faster, easier and more effective with Ultrasonics
than with any other process.
Contents Restoration is an important business. It not only helps to restore damaged property, it helps restore people’s lives and livelihoods. While property damage can take many forms, what’s important to the owners is that their lives are returned to normal, and that they get their property back, as fast as possible.
Of course, when property can be returned depends on the type and severity of the damage. Certainly not every item, such as those actually burnt or melted in fires, can be restored, but a great number of items that would have traditionally been determined to be unrecoverable can now be quickly restored and returned to the owner with Morantz Ultrasonics.
Benefits of Ultrasonics for Contents Restoration
The benefits of restoring property with Ultrasonics are two-fold:
- For Insurance Companies: The cost of restoring an item versus reimbursing the owner for the item’s full value is dramatically diminished. Example: a $1500 television can typically be cleaned and returned to the owner within days. The cost of cleaning that $1500 television for the Insurance could be only $300 (or whatever the restoration company decides to charge for their service). This represents a significant savings.
- For Property Owners: They get their original property back quickly. Whereas traditional cleaning methods can take weeks and cause additional property damage, with Ultrasonics most items can be cleaned in as little as 30 seconds to 2 minutes). As a result, it’s no surprise that most people are happy simply getting their property back, especially if it means getting their lives back to normal as quickly as possible and even more so if the items have sentimental value.
Types of Contents Restoration
The damage that occurs to property during fires, floods, accidents and other disasters is often much more severe than it first appears. To be sure, fire itself is destructive and an item that is physically burned or melted cannot be restored. However, property that has been engulfed in smoke, covered in soot, stained or discolored by water or contaminated by chemicals or molds can usually be restored to functional (or even good-as-new) condition with Morantz Ultrasonics.
How Common Damage Occurs
Damage to property and personal possessions can occur in many different ways. While damage as described above is common, fires are particularly troublesome as they can often result in multiple forms of damage. For example:
- During a Fire: Fires can produce vast amounts of smoke that leave soot deposits on property. Depending on what has burned and the temperature of the fire, the soot produced by the fire may not only be mixed with a variety of chemicals and toxins. Additionally, physical properties of the soot can range from a fine powder to a thick sludge. Furthermore, because the particulate matter that makes up soot (and the chemical residue) is microscopic, it can not only penetrate deep into tiny crevices on the surface of an item, but it can also “sink” deep into the item itself. This is especially true of electronics which can actually attract soot and dirt because they can generate magnetic fields or become charged with static electricity.
- Immediately After a Fire: The water that was used to extinguish the flames can discolor the surfaces of many types of items. Additionally, water can cause severe physical damage since the materials from which many items are made can actually absorb surprising amounts of water.
- Long After a Fire: Many types of materials and even the items themselves can retain significant levels of moisture. Moisture absorbed by an item that has not been properly dried, or that remains on or near the surface, may quickly become a breeding ground for molds and bacteria or other potentially hazardous residues (again, depending on what has burned).
Other Types of Damage: Water, “Black Water” Losses and Mold Remediation
As mentioned above, while Morantz Ultrasonics are extremely effective for restoring items that have gotten wet during a fire, our systems can also be used to remove contamination from “Black Water” situations and molds resulting from excessive moisture and water incidents.
For more information, click here to learn more about using Morantz Ultrasonics for Medical Cleaning and Infection Control. Or, click here to download the full report, Morantz Ultrasonic Cleaning for Infection Control.
The Solution: Morantz Ultrasonic Cleaning Systems
Regardless of the type of damage mentioned above, Morantz Ultrasonics can clean it all. As mentioned above, our line of Ultrasonic Cleaning Systems restore property faster and more efficiently than any other process. It’s also safe for both the item and the environment.
Before and After – It’s Results that Count
The following pictures are from actual Contents Restoration jobs we’ve done over the years. We think you’ll agree that the results are amazing (if you’d like to see more Before and After pictures, please visit our Before and After Picture Gallery), or…
Click on an image to enlarge.
Call us at 215.969.0266 to learn more about how you can help restore people’s lives and businesses.